SL V2 and being logged out at sim crossings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Or specifically Viewer 2.3, as that's the version I use until that trouser flare bug is fixed.

Have they become incredibly troublesome for anyone else? These days it seems I can only cross a maximum of five sims before I start drifting and then get the *ting!* "Darn. You have been logged out of second life.You have been disconnected from the region you were in" message. It's incredibly irritating, especially when I'm racing. This is running, by the way; it's not with a vehicle.

At first I put it down to running at Ultra settings, but it happens at low settings, too. And using a no-attachment avatar. But still the same problem. I can't quite remember when this started happening, but I don't recall having the problem with early V2 versions.

Anyway, in desperation I went back and tried 1.23.5 and guess what? Sim crossings, even at Ultra settings, are easy. I went for a 50 minute run last night: not a single failure.

So has anyone else had this problem with this viewer? I mean, I know crossings have never been the smoothest, but constantly being logged out (and just being logged out. Not crashing) can't be right. I can't see that anyone's filed a JIRA about it, save for the catch-all, 'Region crossings fail' one, but who reads that these days?

So for racing I'm back on 1.23.5, but I have been thinking about investigating TPVs. I'd be very interested to hear of someone fixing this problem by switching to one.

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4666 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.