Making OpenCollar scripted collars work with OpenNC cuffs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am testing OpenNC cuffs and collars I got from Open NC HQ, Tovaris (81, 108, 31).

To find out if collars from an OpenNC collar and cuffs set will still work with the cuffs if the collar is upgraded to 6.3.1 using the transmuter and patch I got at OpenCollar Sidekick, I did this upgrade, wore the OpenNC cuffs that came with the set, and found it did not have a "Cuff" item in the "Apps" menu, and color changes to the cuffs did not automatically change the OpenCaller version 6.3.1 collar as it does with a OpenNC version 3.997 collar.

In the "OpenNC cuffs Guide" notecard that was included in the Collar and Cuff set's delivery package there is this:

"The cuffs can be worn simply and be clicked to show a menu. or type <pre>cmenu from the command line. If you want to keep the colors and textures as well as owners in sync with the collar, you have to place the script found in this folder into your OpenCollar collar. The plug-in will as well allow you to open the Cuff menu from the OpenCollar menu."

I do not see a script like this in the delivered folder. In the OpenNC version 3.997 collar is see two scripts which are suggestive of this plugin. These are named "OpenNC-_slave Cuffs" and "OpenNC-cuffs-3.980". I put these scripts in the OpenCollar version 6.3.1" Content tab. This did not make a difference. The Cuff menu item still did not appear.

Is it possible to make an OpenCollar version 6.3.1 collar work with tthe OpenNC cuffs just as an OpenNC version  3.997 collar will?

• 4 weeks later...

I was given the script "OpenNC - cuffs - 6.0.2a" by OpenNC tech support. When this was put in the updated collar the cuff's colors did synchronize with the collar, and the cuff's HUD was reachable through the collar's HUD.

The collar's menu could not be reached in cuff's HUD that opens when a cuff is touched. This is only a minor issue.

• 1 month later...

If you are using opennc cuffs, I'd suggest an opennc scripted collar, yes theres the idea of a converter app to install to run in oc4/oc6, but frankly I cant imagine why you would want to.

OC4/6 seem to have been deliberately designed to be as unfriendly as possible to all flavours of oc 3.x, oc6 even puts insulting messages into your own custom build collars, by checking against some webdatabase and declaring your 'core' isnt professional.

It's designed to  be as un open as possible, stick with open nc 3.997, or just go all oc 6 and use their newer and inferior  cuffs, or  bite the bullet and buy a set of MD's for 900 ls.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2667 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.