I'm trying to save an outfit in my secondlife viewer, like all times before while saving an outfit,

M1ssConduct

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to save an outfit in my secondlife viewer apperance, like all times before while saving an outfit, it is not showing any inventory in my saved appearance when it creates the highlighted folder in appearance - My Outfits.  

How do i now save an outfit that i would like to save.  Please help. 

Thank you both for your quick respose.

Going to nude then redressing each item did work. Thank you in the inventory i did find the broken link.  Really don't know what it was however i can put on outfits from marketplace and save them now. Thank you.

Downloading another viewer sounded good however Firestorm does not work on my windows 8 laptop.   

2 answers to this question

Some screen captures might help us understand the problem.

I have not seen a problem like I think you are describing. I've never had a viewer make an empty Outfit folder.

The general troubleshooting steps are to TP to a different region, relog and try saving the outfit again. If that fails, restart the computer and repeat the process, new region, retry. If that doesn't work describe what you did step by step, each click and key press.

Try a different viewer brand. The Linden default SL viewer is our primary troubleshooting viewer. So, having it installed is almost mandatory. Have a second viewer. About 3/4 of users run the Firestorm viewer. They have an excellent support group so you can get in-world help from the Firestorm Support group 24x7.

If both viewers have the same problem, you have eliminated installation as the problem. If not, the problem viewer needs to be reinstalled. First install over the top of the existing install. If the problem remains, do a clean install of the viewer. Instructions can be found via Google.

Beyond these steps, we'll need more information...

• Like 1

This problem usually happens when you are trying to save something "bad" in the outfit.

Wear all the items you want to save in the outfit and if the outfit still fails to save, open your inventory and expand the Current Outfit folder. This folder lists all items worn on your avatar.

Look for anything in there that is amiss, for example a broken link or an unworn item (not bolded). or any attachment that shows it's attached to an invalid attachment point or "Error: base object not present".

Take off (if worn) and delete any of those problem links from the current outfit folder (this will only remove the link, not the actual inventory item) and then try to save the outfit again.

If the outfit save still fails, in the top menu bar of the viewer, go to Me -> Choose an avatar -> New avatars -> Click any of those avatars to select it.

Your outfit will then be replaced.  Try to save that starter avatar as an outfit  (that should work).

If it works, change into the items you want to save as your outfit and attempt to save it again. Hopefully it will then work.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2773 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.