why am I charged in Euros when buying Linden dollars ?

michel44

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello folks,

I hope someone can help with this issue.I live in the US and my registered address is in the US.

My payment infos is  a US credit card,

But when I buy Linden dollars the price appears in Euros and therefore if I move on to do the transaction

I am charged in Euroson my US credit card which is annoying since i get

currency change fees each time. Is there a way to set up my account so that I am charged in US dollars 

instead?

Thanks in advance!

michel

3 answers to this question

If you have indicated when you registered for an account that your address is in Europe, Linden Lab is required to charge VAT on transactions. If you've moved since then, you should update your account information with Linden Lab. The same applies to your credit card.  Your credit card company determines what currency you should be paying with (or converting income in), again depending on what you have told them about your legal address.  I'd suggest talking with the credit card company about that. If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concernsin Second Life itself, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers at any time 24/7:

Local Toll-Free numbers

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE
Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE
Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE
Spain: 90-083-9074
UK: 800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 4

The answer remains the same. My point is that Linden Lab determines where you live because they are required to follow local laws concerning money/banking/taxes. Your credit card company does the same thing. If you move without telling Linden Lab or your credit card company, they will continue to use the old information to figure out which currency you should be using in RL. That's why I said that you have to talk with both Linden Lab and your credit card company to straighten things out if they are using the wrong information.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.