Sort Buttons in SLM Reports - When will this be done? Tell me.. tell me.. tell me I neeeed it...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its been like 6 months since the SLM site went live and a merchant still cannot sort line items inside the reports. I had to redeliver a slew of product and ended up having to scour through hundreds of pages of sales history trying to identify a specific product.

Can we Pahaaaleeese have sorting in the reports ..sooon?

Schank You!

VonGklugelstein Alter wrote:

Its been like 6 months since the SLM site went live and a merchant still cannot sort line items inside the reports. I had to redeliver a slew of product and ended up having to scour through hundreds of pages of sales history trying to identify a specific product.

Can we Pahaaaleeese have sorting in the reports ..sooon?

Schank You!

ROFL.... Join the club of the rest of us Merchants that have begged and pleaded and asked and yelled at LL Commerce Team to actually get off their butts and focus on SLM improvements that will actually benefit the Merchants. 

FIXING SLM REPORTING has been one of the biggest and most frustrating requests from the Merchants to LL... and constantly ignored. 

I will even give you more bad news... Brooke has already recently stated - and at least she is being honest about it - that her team does not have any plans to improve SLM reporting.  Her plans are to just figure out a way to dump all the raw data to us Merchants and then wash her hands of the whole SLM traffic/sales reporting.  What we have now is what we will all have a year from now.

Where as so many competing online commerce sites provide you either much more effective and useful reports (heck even xstreet was better than SLM) or they provide you the ability to integrate very powerful traffic analysis tools like Google Analytics, Brooke's team feels this is not important for SLM.

LL Commerce Team's top priorities are to deply all the LL CYA technologies to protect them from their TEEN Grid Merger (hence all the over stiffling maturity filters that have been crushing our sales and making our management of SLM inventory a nightmare).  They do not really care about fixing SLM Search or Inworld Search, or improving reporting tools, etc.  This only benefits Merchants and not LL.

So... welcome to the chior of those asking LL to fix REPORTING.... too bad LL is not at the concert.

I'm starting to get the feeling it isn't so much a case of what they won't do, it's more a case of not having the ability or capacity to do it.

I donwnload to a spreadsheet every couple of days and do my own sorting. 

In many ways SLM is not as good as SLX (Xstreet) was,and I think the main reasons are this -

SLX had more technical brains developing it, and these people were users of SL. That makes a huge difference. They didn't need to be told what we needed, they knew.

SLX started in 2004, or at least that's when the magic box was created. So they had many years to get it right.

It is also the constant LL staff changes that have held things up.

Rya Nitely wrote:

I'm starting to get the feeling it isn't so much a case of what they won't do, it's more a case of not having the ability or capacity to do it.

I donwnload to a spreadsheet every couple of days and do my own sorting. 

In many ways SLM is not as good as SLX (Xstreet) was,and I think the main reasons are this -

SLX had more technical brains developing it, and these people were users of SL. That makes a huge difference. They didn't need to be told what we needed, they knew.

SLX started in 2004, or at least that's when the magic box was created. So they had many years to get it right.

It is also the constant LL staff changes that have held things up.

I do agree.  I really think that the previous LL Commerce Team bought into a very weak online eCommerce development engine that we are all now paying for.  The current LL Dev team likely is dealing with a SLM ecoomerce engine that is not flexible and far less capable then even the aged xstreet was.

Brooke is likely putting on a brave face and making excuses why the SLM deployment team and now her team both have not been able to deploy something as simple as improved BASIC traffic / sales stats.

I just also read Brooke's April update and finally it came out that there was a bug in their March changes that caused the significant drop in all our SLM sales.  Brooke has really become a good political spinner like previous generations of LL staff blaming the huge March sales drop on "SEASON DIPS".... ROFL!! yeah right.  Sorry but I have never had a MARCH seasonal dip before - not one that hits me right after a LL SLM change.

At least they finally found the bug and will soon fix it and we can regain our normal SLM sales.

My confidence is dropping on expectations that SLM will get better.  And with this AIS coming.... I am sure we are in for another major set of transitional hurdles and lost sales and the risk of not having isolated inventories or ALT MERCHANT ACCOUNTS.

So hang on folks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.