Crashing all the time in LL viewer, Firestorm, Singularity and set my screen all black

Jainas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since a few months in all viewers my computer crashes and set my screen all black. I need to reboot my computer manually. My graphic card is in the list and when it works everything rezzes very quick. Almost 10 years in SL but now my life is ending here in SL. It sounds dramatic, but it's a fact.

I have no idea anymore what to do with this.

5 answers to this question

If your graphics card is also ten years old then that'd explain plenty.

In truth there's not enough useful information in your post. This is probably a hardware issue (failure, old age or incompatibility), but without knowing more about your hardware it's impossible to diagnose further.

Get a tech-savvy friend to take a look, or take it to a store.

I have a GeForce GTS 250 Graphic card from NVIDIA, Windows 8.1 , RAM 4 GB, 64 bits X64 processor and it all worked just fine till a few months agoo and then this issues started. It's not a 10 year old comp. So..if this is not good, then let me know please

The GTS 250 is pretty weaksauce. You could try lowering your graphics settings.
It could still be a failing component. If Second Life used to work very well (>30FPS) then investigate possible failure or a change in drivers first. Otherwise it might just be that your GPU isn't cutting it anymore.

Largely it's going to be up to you to keep your PC in working order. It's not practical for us to troubleshoot a whole system. Unless it's something super obvious.

Again, I'd recommend visiting a professional.

Good luck.

You can find some very good freeware hardware monitoring and diagnostic functionality software on the internet. If your hardware is working good, maybe driver problem or operating system problem. I crash sometimes when I teleport to a laggy place, but is not blank screen.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2822 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.