Script Errors, too many listens {Toddleedoo HUD}

deledallas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Agh okay so I have a toddleedoo mesh avatar. And with that comes clothing HUDs. Recently I've tried to add my clothing via HUD and even with the body controller and the message pops up as

3 - Body - BABY - Girl (ToddleeDoo) [script:**Cute Bytes** ToddleeDoo Body Handle 2.8] Script run-time error
Too Many Listens

I've tried resetting the script, although I know NOTHING about the subject! This problem has also happened with clothing HUDS and when I try to open the script it says

Unable to open script in object without modify permissions.

Help ASAP!!

**EDIT**

- I figured out the solution, you just need to update your toddleedoo package even if it is up to date.

1 answer to this question

You have a badly scripted item.

When a script expects to hear a message from somewhere, it needs to know what channel to listen on.  To tell it, the scripter has to include a command that says, essentially, "Listen to THIS channel", along with the channel number.  It's like setting the station on your radio in RL.  A script is allowed to listen to up to 65 channels.  Once the scripter tries to open more than that, the system sends the error message that you are seeing.

It is very rare for a script to need to listen to more than a small number of channels, but a scripter can accidentally open a mess of them (or open the same one a mess of times, which has the same effect) by not anticipating all the ways that a user might fiddle with the object.  (I've done it myself ... um... a few times :smileyembarrassed: , but never in a script I have released to the public.)   So, that's what happened.  You can't open the script because it's no mod.  If you are lucky, the script will reset itself if you take the item back to your inventory and re-attach it.  If not, you'll have to send the creator a very polite note of explanation and ask for a replacement.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2809 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.