still not get my L$ what should do next?

TolyaViz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

same problem as before I paid wth my credit card. not get L$ but still take my money 30$ in total.

contact support and still not get any reply back yet. (long distance number is not work)(it 1 week after contact already.)

the remain question is....

how long should i wait?....before ask how to sued company from outside USA.

2 answers to this question

When you but Lindens you buy from other residents not LL.  If you chose a Limit Buy  (Best Rate Buy) that allows you to  specify the amount of Linden dollars and the exchange rate you are willing to accept. LindeX automatically matches up buy and sell offers as they come in.  If your offer is too high it could take days weeks or months

You can cancel the Limit buy and the money will go to your US dollar balance.  You can then use Market Buy to get Lindens almost instantly

• Like 3

Hi Tolya!  First of all, it's silly to threaten to sue Linden Lab over $30.  A lawsuit costs, at the minimum, about $20,000.

Second, the problem is most likely what Amethyst has said.

There are two choices when you buy $L.  The window on the left is for an immediate buy at the current market price.  This transaction will take place instantly, but because the price of the $L goes up and down (like the stock market), you might not get the best price.

If you click the window on the right ("Best Rate") you are making a "limit buy" offer.  Here, you specify both how much you want to buy ($30 worth) and the exchange rate you're willing to accept.  If the current rate is higher than your offer, your money is held "in escrow" until the rate falls to whatever you've entered.  So, it could take several days for the order to be filled.  If you have entered an unreasonable rate, the order might NEVER be filled.

You can cancel any open limit buy orders by going to the Lindex section of your Dashboard page and clicking the Manage button, then the LindeX Order History, and look in the Open Orders section of the page.  When you cancel an open order, the money does not go back to your credit card, but into your $USD Balance.  You can then use that balance to buy your $L...use the left window, and make a buy at the current market price.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2889 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.