DEAD SPOT ON ALL VIEWERS - Can someone help me fix this?

LanceTeuf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm new to SL and have no idea what I'm doing but I have noticed there is a large spot in the top middle portion of my screen where the picture/world does not render at all....  

I have tried SLviewer, Singularity, and finally Firestorm but still the spot is there on every one. 

If I'm looking at an object covered by that spot and click on it, nothing happens.. It's as if that spot is not part of the world and is just dead pixels. 

Here are a couple of pictures I have taken.... 

(Note: This is an adult area but nothing showing..) -  https://postimg.org/image/3zz49vjh3/

And another - https://postimg.org/image/4siouyvg1/

I apologize in advance if this issue has been covered somewhere else. I've googled it but wasn't even really sure what to call it or how to describe it... At least not in a way that didn't bring up dead pixels for monitors..  My montior is fine. 

Thanks for your time.

1 answer to this question

You have somehow picked up a HUD that is attached at the top of your screen. I have absolutely no idea what its function is.  Most of it is actually outside the viewing area, but you are seeing a bit that hangs down just far enough to be seen. 

You ought to be able to see the whole thing by selecting it with your editor.  Right click on it and select EDIT.  Then scroll your mouse wheel forward.  You should see the rectangular outline of your screen shrink inward and the mysterious HUD should be more obvious.  You can either drag it back down into the rectangular area and keep it there, or you can right click and Detach or Delete it. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2816 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.