still cannot add Skrill payment method

OliverWilliamson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

so its been 4 days now, and still i cannot add my Skrill payment method, even though SL keeps charging me the $1 and sending it back to my Skrill account. Spoke to Skrill twice on the phone to make sure my account was functional, everything from Skrill's side is fine, i even had them send me an email which i sent to SL in a case report (which is still not answered 4 days later !! ) i must be skipping some step in the process, i am not sure if it is me going crazy or SL, can someone please guide me through the steps...1by 1 in the correct order to resolve my issue becaus ewhen i follow the stps given in the add payment method page they obviously arn't working

1 answer to this question

When you register a payment method with Linden Lab, they perform a standard industry test to verify that the method is capable of making instantaneous transactions.  They issue a $1 charge against your payment method and then reverse the charge as soon as they receive payment. The "charge" is actually a request for authorization, so no actual money changes hands.  If they do not receive a confirmation signal within a matter of seconds, the test fails and your registration is rejected.  Typically, that happens because the backup source that you have used (in this case the backup for your Skrill account) is a bank account, a debit card, or a prepaid card of some kind.  Bank accounts, in particular, can take hours or even days to transfer money.

When the verification test fails, your Skrill account will eventually indicate that the authorization has been reversed, but it may take a while.  Most prepaid cards will not work at all, because they will not send an authorization signal, so they should be rejected at the start of the test.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2825 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.