I CANNOT LOGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Onya Palmira

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know it's been a coupld weeks since I last login but

MY INTERNET IF FINE MY COMPUTER MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS I EVENT UNINSTALLED BOTH VIEWERS REINSTALLED THEM RESTARTED SHUTDOWN MY COMPUTER.. iT GETS TO THE HANDSHAKE THEN SAYS YOU CANNOT LOGIN

THERE NO GRID ISSUES SHOWING UP ANYTIME I TRY WHATS GOING ON?

1 answer to this question

It's very hard to guess with only that much information.  Usually, if the viewer gets hung up while it's waiting for a handshake response from the server, it's because you have either a firewall or an overly aggressive anti-virus program blocking it.  Either one is possible. Those programs typically update every few weeks, sometimes changing how aggressive they are toward other programs on your machine.  Some anti-virus routines -- Norton in particular -- can make it hard to log in.  You'll need to be sure that you have current exceptions for Second Life (or whatever viewer you are using) in each firewall or anti-virus program.

Take a look at

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539

and

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/antivirus_whitelisting

Finally, if you ever feel a need to reinstall your viewer, it's wise to do a CLEAN reinstall, rather than simply downloading a new copy of the viewer over what's already there.  A clean reinstall will remove all hidden files, which may well have the troublesome settings that are giving you problems.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2917 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.