Priority 5 Animation

Asimos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to restrain the hands. I created the cuffs with an animation which is automatically trigered when the cuffes are attached. The animation was uploaded with priority 4, which is the maximum alowed by the viewers. It works well until the avatar starts to walk.The walk AO takes over. I guess I need to upload with priority 5. How do we do that?

If priority 5 unloading is not possible, then has anybody used a timer event that trigers the animation every x seconds to interupt the AO when it kicks in?  

Both priority 5 and 6 is possible.  Google for methods as there are different ways of getting there.  The easiest in my opinion is via Avastar (and Blender) and just choose priority 5 there and then upload as .anim format.

The viewer does allow higher priority in .anim format by default and if you use .bvh then there's a way to edit the config file and allow 5 and 6.  I've not had success with that but have with Avastar and .anim format.

You can do it via a timer but from my experience, you need two identical animations @ P4, uploaded so that they have different UUID's to SL.  Then flip rapidly between them.  It's clunky and not as tidy as a priority 5 and is still prone to momentary interruption.

• Like 1

Thanks Sassy for the fast reply.

I just tried switching between 2 anims on a timer even loop and it does not work well. It looks that the time-in and time-out of the AO has to do something about it.

I didn't know that we can upload .anim format. I must try that. But first the easy one (change viewer to allow priority 5 and 6.bvh files).

I changed my viewer to alow priority up to lever 6. I uploded a .bvh file with priority 6. It still does not top the AO walk (and it is one of those free ones that many peoplel in SL use, so I must cater for that if I want to market that product).

I will try the Blender/anim path and see howit goes.

• 2 weeks later...

This is what finally worked for me.

1. close Second Life viewer.
  2. open Second Life/skins/default/xui/en-us/floater_animation_preview.xml in a text editor
    and change max_val="4" to max_val="6" in the following section:
    <spinner decimal_digits="0" follows="left|top" height="18" increment="1" initial_val="0"
    label="Priority" label_width="50" left="10" max_val="4" min_val="0"
    name="priority"
    tool_tip="Controls which other animations can be overridden by this animation."
    width="90" />
  3. open Second Life/app_settings/anim.ini and add this section to the top:
    [GLOBALS]
    priority = 6 (or other desired value)
  4. Make the .bvh only 2 frames (I used bvhacker). Frame 0 the T-pose and frame 1 whatever you want. During my tests, any additional frames result in the animation to break when the avatar walks. I checked other .bvh files with priority 5 and 6 and all that really work are 2-frame anims!
  5. Upload the .bvh anim inworld using priority 5 or 6.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2819 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.