acount

ZakariaYannick

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My RL partner her acount has been ript of all her Linden 9K + and is placed on hold after that she poseted a ticket for LL i am wondering how long she needs to stay punicht for the teft that a criminal did to her not to mention she isent able to play lost her linden lost her avatar including all the materials she has invested in to it all the gifts she has gooten from me  and from frends 

where is the justice in this and how much longer dous she needs to wait before desend actions are taken 

2 answers to this question

Accounts can't be hacked but can be compromised if you give someone your password, accept an object then rez it and inadvertently gave permission to debit your account, or you clicked a link that took you to a phishing website, gave your password to anyone or used an easy password that someone could guess or figure out.. 

Your friend isn't being punished.  Her account is on hold to not only give time to LL to investigate but

• To determine that she is the rightful owner and that they money existed before the compromise
  • To determine who may be responsible for the theft, if it is possible, so it doesn't happen again.
  • To determine what happened to the money and get it back IF it is still in the SL system.  Note that if it was cashed out they can't do anything more but will cooperate with RL authorities if your friend files a report with them.  They also will not refund any lost money they can't retrieve, as everyone is responsible for the security of their own account.

It is all in her best interest to be patient and cooperate.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2901 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.