Creating a teleport with restricted use

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

I am trying to Modify a Teleport script to enable only one user who is not the owner.   I have several scripts to create a teleport prim, that i use frequesntly,  but I need assistance on how to restrict its use to just one person.

Any help is appreciated.  In regards to modifying the script, I don't know where I would place additional content without messing up the script.  

thanks!

You probably already know how to restrict use to the owner by checking

if (llGetOwner() == llDetectedKey(0) )

in the touch_start or changed event where your teleport action is triggered.  You can do that same test for any person's UUID:

key Bob = "01234567-89ab-cdef-0123-456789abcdef";

if (Bob == llDetectedKey(0) )

most TP scripts can't use llTeleportAgent()  to TP anyone but the owner,

but you can do other things.

string region = "Larsen"; vector slurl_vector = <33.0, 161.0, 1573.0>; // SLURL for wepage is....  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Larsen/33/161/1573 key tpKey = "06451596-818c-4975-8bc0-058ab2fe8274";  // for single person use
default{ state_entry() { llSetText("click to teleport to '" + region + "'", <1.0, 1.0, 1.0>, (float)TRUE); region = llEscapeURL(region); } touch_start(integer total_number) { if( llDetectedKey(0) == tpKey) { llGiveInventory(llDetectedKey(0), llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_LANDMARK, 0) ); // give Landmark llMapDestination(region, slurl_vector, ZERO_VECTOR); // open viewer map for destination // instant message the allowed person with clickable link llInstantMessage( llDetectedKey(0), " \nClick link below to Teleport\n secondlife:///app/teleport/" + region + "/"+(string)llRound(slurl_vector.x)+ "/" +(string)llRound(slurl_vector.y)+ "/" +(string)llRound(slurl_vector.z)); } }}

just change tpKey, region, vector, etc and add your Landmark to the prim etc?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2881 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.