Unable to Delete Folders Placed Outside of the "My Inventory" Folder

Ariella Core

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There are folders I have created that are placed outside of "My Inventory" and "Library" theres quite a few and they cannot be deleted. I have tried clearing cache, as well as other steps such as new cache location and logging into the beta grid. Nothing will remove the files or its contents.

Ive contacted support but they have said where I have a basic account they cannot help me, ive also opened a bug tracker report and still nothing that has helped at all.

(more info)

Its in all viewers even the secondlife viewer from secondlife.com.

Support ticket was filed and I tried suggested but because I am a basic account holder they won't/can't help me.

"I have the secondlife viewer the newest and i have even logged on there tonight and the same thing, the folders are still there and nothing can be done with them at all. Ive tried everything.

Can't be moved into "my inventory"
Can't be deleted
Content cannot be deleted
Clear cache, moving cache location and logging into beta grid doesn't work.

The folders are out side of the "my inventory" and "library" The folders are not the library or the my inventory they act like them and cannot be deleted but they are ones i created in my inventory and some how ended up outside of it.

I believe the problem happened when the text viewer I was using crashed but I am not so sure."

I just don't know what to do anymore. Is there a way I can repair my inventory by myself? Or is there anything else anyone knows that I can try?

7 answers to this question

As far as I know only LL can do inventory repair for that problem. I didn`t know they won`t do it for basic accounts :(

Depending on how much its worth to you to get it fixed, you could go premium for a month & submit the ticket again. You would get a Linden home for a month too and 4 stipends which would total 1200L so it may not work out to be too expensive.

Just a thought :)

Personally I would find better support a bigger incentive, as there are only a fraction of the tickets available to free accounts, but having said that, if you haven`t encountered any problems that stop you getting into SL without support then fair enough, delay it as long as possible. :)

Good luck.

its that ongoing problem of no support or very little support for basic account holders. This stinks, it really does. When are LL going to realise that most people are putting into the Linden economy, and a lot of people who aren't Premium members actually are paying a whole lot more in land rental, which goes to the sim owner towards tier fees.

Anyway, mini-rant over, an issue like this with inventory can only be fixed by LL. It is a server side issue, corruption of data, and they really really need to fix it.

To Ariella, persist in keeping a support ticket open. Also, contact Amanda@lindenlab.com - she is the Linden person in charge of improving communications in Second Life. The first thing LL need to do to improve communications IMO is fully train their staff to be consistent and have knowledge of their own product and they need to value all residents equally. Today's non-premium could be tomorrow's multiple sim owner - if they would only realise this.

• Like 1

I have also had this problem, and it will not fix itself, even in 1.5 years. That's how long I've had untouchable/un-editable folders/content outside of the actual inventory. I learned to live with it until I feel like going through all the trouble of upgrading my account and submitting a ticket that might not even be addressed. Good luck to you!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4762 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.