Looking for a katana

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's quite amazing after hours of searching I'm unable to find something as simple as a mesh katana, which is probably the most popular melee one-handed weapon in any virtual environment. I've looked through at least 50 pages on marketplace, nothing.

- Mesh only. Needs to be very high quality. I'm talking about Mandala-level quality. Preferably in black

- Needs to come with a sheathe

- Don't need any combat system. If it comes with one and is not overpriced then that's fine

- Don't even need to be scripted. But a few holding poses would be nice

- Relatively inexpensive. I'm not willing to pay 1k for a mesh sword. That's the price you pay for a fatpack of dresses, not 1 mesh sword

I really like the Mandala one, however it doesn't come with a sheathe. That is the only dealbreaker or I would've got that one already. Fairlight one is ok since it comes with a few poses, but it's way overpriced at 900L.

Quality/mesh clash with your >1000 expectation, if you've done 50 pages can anyone truly help here?

A lot of work goes into high detail weapons such as swords, personally I think it's a very reasonable price, especially if its scripted and animated.

Sounds like you're going to need to compromise and either

A) Ask the creator of the sword you like without the sheath, for a sheath and go from there.

B) Cut your losses and go without, maybe even find another sheath that loosely fits it from some mesh pack.

C) Raise your budget.

And remember to try demos?

I'm not sure what else to suggest, sorry!

Jinxui wrote:

Quality/mesh clash with your >1000 expectation, if you've done 50 pages can anyone truly help here?

A lot of work goes into high detail weapons such as swords, personally I think it's a very reasonable price, especially if its scripted and animated.

Sounds like you're going to need to compromise and either

A) Ask the creator of the sword you like without the sheath, for a sheath and go from there.

B) Cut your losses and go without, maybe even find another sheath that loosely fits it from some mesh pack.

C) Raise your budget.

And remember to try demos?

I'm not sure what else to suggest, sorry!

1000 is not enough for 1 unscripted weapon? Fairly priced weapons would say otherwise, so would anyone with any experience in 3D modelling. Something like a sword is one of the easiest weapons to make, especially since you have a billion templates on the internet to start from. On the other hand if you want an exact replica of the Titanic then yes that would be actually hard to make.

Weapons are only expensive because people are willing to pay that much for them (specifically the anime nerds), not because they're worth it, especially ones with those combat systems which I care nothing about. Just because Macbooks are $3000 each, does that mean everyone need to spend $3000 for a laptop? No, my laptop is only $1000 and it works just as good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2907 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.