HELP !! 2000 items in inventory missing (2 folders missing) after FS viewer crashed

Donna Wainwright

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday night, my FS viewer crashed so i decided to go to bed.  Today, i log on and 2 entire folders are missing (approx. 2000 items) Asked on FS support group, did what was mentioned in the link i was given Installed the SL official viewer, items aren't showing eitherCleared cache manually and inventory cache as well.  I don't know what to do and i FEAR my stuff is gone forever :matte-motes-crying: :matte-motes-crying:

And yes, i did file a support ticket with LL

5 answers to this question

Samething happened to me. only I didnt crash  i logged on as a noodie! that i am not lol im almost 9 years then i look and mmost of my inventory is gone! wht? i cleared everything did al the regular stuff none worked so i contated LL and still have not heard from this that was 3 days ago. good luck hun

First, download and log in to the regular SL viewer. If your inventory is there, then it's vewer problem. If it isn't, then it's an SL inventory problem. LL won't do anything if you don't get the same results on their viewer. I've had it happen to me and many times, all it's taken is loggin in on the SL viewer then logging in on the FS viewer. 

If the inventory is still gone when you log back in on the FS viewer, now is one of the times to clear your cache. Clearing it will force the viewer to make new contacts with your inventory in SL and that should solve the problem.

Avoid clearing your cache. For your situation that will just make things worse.

Go back to the FS Support and have them help you to clear your INVENTROY CACHE, which is not the same as the general viewer cache. If you cleared your main cache, you didn't help yourself. Your inventory cache remained in tack.

Then go to a deserted and empty region, like Furball, ideally log into that region or similar. While there, open inventory and search for things. This should cause all your stuff to reload to Inventory. Stay until you are sure your inventory is completely loaded.

Your inventory list is kept in the SL servers. What you see in your viewer is a copy that it downloads. If you have connection problems there can be a problem getting that list. Remember. Having a good Internet connection is not the same as having a good connection to the SL servers. http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

If that fails file a trouble ticket with support and cearly explain all you have done. It is probably smarter to talk only about what steps you have taken with the SL Viewer and not mention FS, other than to say you tried it too and have the same problem with it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.