My avatar's feet poke out of the shoes?

AliceDarkWidow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

On some of my avatars my feet poke out of the shoes. How do I fix this? I've tried detaching them, but nothing happens. Thats the only way I can think of how to do it. Is there a way I can get rid of my old horrible feet poking out of the shoes? The avatars came like that idk if they had a foot alpha if thats something to do with it.

Thanks if you answer ^^

1 answer to this question

First, are you using mesh feet?

You need to make sure the shoes you buy are compatible with the feet you use.  This is even true if you do not use mesh feet at all.  Shoes that are made for "classic avatars" will come with an alpha layer you need to wear that will hide the feet.

Old shoes that are found in some freebie outfits used an old glitch that hide avatar pieces covered by the prims.  This old glitch no longer works so those shoes will let your feet poke through.  You can try to find alpha textures to wear with them but honestly for most of those old style of shoes you can throw away and get better for free as group gifts from most shoe designers.

If you are using mesh feet, not only do you need to make sure to use compatible shoes but also that you use the correct foot height; either flat, medium or high.  Once your feet and shoes are matched you should no longer have any problems.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2964 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.