Age verification

doctorroboto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm a new user trying to learn how this software works. I just tried to go to some forum, and got kicked out because it thinks I'm under 15. I'm in my thirties. The website says nothing about how to go through age verification for free users, so I don't know what to do.

2 answers to this question

I'm a li'l confused about your question Dr. Roboto. You're in the forums (the Answers section in particular) at this moment, and there are no age restrictions here. The SL Forums are open to the public.

If you mean you were rejected from a region, that may be due to your avatar being new. Some region owners do not allow entry for accounts less than 30 days old, as a measure of prevention against griefers, who could return on a new account immediately after being banned for bad behavior.

I've not heard of such rejections announcing your avatar age, and if they did, they'd have reported 1 day, rather than 15, as your account opened yesterday (15 hours?).

Otherwise, you would have entered your date of birth when you created your account, and so long as you then enabled your viewer for the maturity settings you want, you should be able to go anywhere. Here's now you set your maturity level...

https://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Maturity-ratings/ta-p/700119#Section_.2

Note that there are three places to set that preference. The Viewer, Viewer Search (both covered in that webpage) and the Marketplace, where you set it just to the left of the search box.

• Like 1

Since you registered with your real life information and birth date, all you need to do that is age related is to make sure you have selected the level of information you are willing to see in all these locations:

1) In the Viewer General Tab [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

2) In the Viewer [Ctr'-M] World Map Events: [ G ] [ M ] [ A ] - Check the desired options

3) In the in-world Search Window - Perform any search then check the desired viewing levels in the upper left area of the search window - [ G ] [ M ] [ A ]

4) In the MarketPlace click on the Show maturity levels Down Arrow and select the desired viewing options phrase. {Note: I find it interesting that you can select Adult Only as one of the options here}

Additional Note: Do understand that many Adult venues may also impose a "How Long Has the Avatar Been Created" restriction. This is to keep out griefers and in some cases, new persons [ noobies ] from these areas.

Carry on and have fun!

P.S. If you can't complete the above tasks then there is a problem with your account. Submit a Support Case

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

and the LL wonderkids will fix you all up!

2016-01-15

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.