Requesting For Full Created Avatar

Fulei Blep

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone,

I really wish to get Kira looking as close as possible. And well, she's feral, so it's hard to get her to look similar. I was wondering if anyone could help me out find parts? Or skin her design for me? I'd love to know a quote on her full complete avatar and that.

Here is a reference for you: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/17687244/

Much Obliged.

Jayne

Ps. If full avatar is not possible. Maybe help find parts or at least skin her for me? I could probably search around for components.

• 4 weeks later...

Well since nobody else has answered, i'll at least pick up on a few elements.

The first question is "who holds the copyright on the original design?"  Creators here cannot (should not) create items that they do not have permission to reproduce and the ToS is a bit hmmm in this respect which makes it even harder to fully comply.

Having established rights to the design, the next question is whether this would be only for you as a single custom item or available to the creator to resell (although it's not going to be an item in demand so it is unlikely to attract anyone as a volume saleable item).

On that basis, lets assume that it's a one off, it could take someone 3 to 5 days (or more) to fully create, weight, test etc.  Lets just call it a week as a guide and assume that's a working week so 40 hours.

What would this person be doing as an alternate for their 40 hours?  Making something that sells in volume!  So, lets now assume you're paying contract rates (low ones!) of $20 per hour, you're looking at $800 or in terms of L$, that'll be L$200,000.

But wait a minute, you've seen full avatars on Marketplace for L$1000 so how dare they ask for ridiculous amounts!  As I said, those L$1000 are volume sales, not one off items but so often, people are conditioned to expecting a full perm mesh item for L$1000 or so and consider anything different as a rip off.  Someone slaving away for 40 hours, their whole work week does rather command more than $4 US.

This is possibly why you've not received any response, people have tired of explaining this.

So, whether this is ridiculous or not to you, you shouldn't expect to find quotes for a unique item which start at L$100,000 to L$250,000 as particularly odd.

On the other hand, you may find someone who does not value their time and for which this project is not competing with any other demands on their time, you never know.  Someone might do it for nothing, just for fun.

Yeah, to have someone make the entire avatar from scratch would get very expensive. But maybe you could go with an existing avatar and find someone to make a mod for it? Like the TWI wolf or fox avatar might work as a base. Lots of people make skin mods for them, so maybe someone would be willing to make you a custom one. Will still cost money, but not as much.

No need for an apology and you're not bothering anyone.  I was just setting out to explain a couple of things, particularly around copyright of the design and just to attempt to set expectations around potential cost for a custom mesh creation :)

Question:-

Who owns the copyright of the design you showed?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2937 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.