Texture dark issue in world

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi
I am building a store in a place. I setup an environment settings which has its own lighting system and its cool. I tweaked the ambient lighting and occlusion effect to the maximum so my textures don’t become dark in here. I created my textures in 3ds max by vray with gamma of  2.2 (also set that in SL too in the edit sky setup dialogue). Adjust the images in photoshop to its maximum brightness but still my textures are too dark in world when I upload them. I brought the textures here in PNG format 16 bit. Its like a 50% of grey tone is on top of my textures. Any suggestion would help.

thanks

my viewer : Firestorm

That sounds like a terrible workflow to me. How is it suppose to look for anybody who has different Windlight settings than yours, with textures adjusted to just that setting?

Other than that, show pics or it didn't happen.:matte-motes-tongue:

these are the photos from inworld and from photoshop
now you can understand my issue with the lighting. You can see the colors on the ceiling is not like the actual texture. It should be more yeloowish rather than grey.

Hm, looks to me like it's just the ambient lighting. What happens if you apply the ceiling texture on the top side of a prim, with default windlight settings at 12:00 PM? It should be pretty bright, and if applied to the bottom side, viewed from below, it will be pretty dull.

An emissive mask could help brighten them up.

Btw. Second Life supports only 8 bit/channel textures.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.