how to report a copybotter who admitted to copybotting your item?

JaePreme

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone has copy botted my Item and actualy got in my IMs braggin about copy botting it. i reported it from in client with the screenshot showing what he said. He also is copy botting alot of items from aot of people, is there a way to report him and follow up on this report?

2 answers to this question

JaePreme wrote:

Someone has copy botted my Item and actualy got in my IMs braggin about copy botting it. i reported it from in client with the screenshot showing what he said. He also is copy botting alot of items from aot of people, is there a way to report him and follow up on this report?

Hi Jae,

I'm a li'l confused. You say you reported it, then ask if there's a way to report it? If you filed an abuse report, there's not much more you can do, except file a DMCA Takedown Notice with Linden Lab. That will ultimately require you to divulge your RL identity, so keep that in mind. You may never hear anything from LL regarding your abuse report, or they may contact you for more information.

Here's more about DMCA notices...

https://secondlife.com/corporate/dmca.php

Good luck!

Really you should take a screenshot of the convo and send it in along with a ticket via the support portal, but you should also post it here for other designers to see because that way they may recognise theyre stuff and they could report him too.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2886 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.