Looking for private teachings!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Things I am looking to learn:

• I would like to learn how to make textures and/or mods and even meshes. Also just over all avatar creation.
  • I would also like to learn Japanese as a second language if anyone could tutor me in that.
  • Basics of Second Life and Second Life vocab. I hear so much about scrips and prims, I have no idea what these are.
  • Getting a job in Second Life and even possibly a house/apartment of my own.
  • Generally how to make the most out of my Second Life experience through sims, friends/making friends, and Role Playing.

I do not wish for someone to be able to teach me EVERYTHING, but even if you can offer help in one or two of these things, I would be beyond greatful. I feel very stuck on my own without any knowledge of basic modding and texturing.

If I was to learn how to create mods and textures my ultimate goal would be to create my own characters for personal use and once I have enough experience, become a creator. 

I thank anyone who reads this and can offer any help or shares this around.

Have a good day, all!

Angel Cox (A.K.A. LUClFUR)

What can you afford, and when are you usually in world? As a Japanese tutor, I have previously charged $20 CAD per hour of instruction (and more as an English teacher, for example), and would continue to do so in order to justify the workload of creating a language program. I'd be happy to help with some of the other matters (like SL basics, some modeling, and texturing) for a smaller fee/tips/whatever. I do however live in Japan, which means the opposite side of the clock from the US.

Hi Lucifur,

Do come by and visit Helping Haven , we can help with some of your questions, also we offer free classes on building,scripting etc at weekends. Please feel free to im me in world or you can access our class calendar on our website http://helpinghaven.weebly.com

Visit us here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Isle%20of%20Creation/11/248/22

That is really cool! I never though I would actually find someone who would be able or willing to tutor me in Japanese.

My budget is very flexible, I usually stay up very late anyhow. It would be a dream of mine to go to Japan, I have loved the culture for many years and I want to visit there before I set on learning the language to the N1 level.

It's important to understand the realities surrounding Japanese language learning. N1 is a brutal test that takes years to master, yet it really doesn't measure your proficiency accurately. Starting with N1 as a goal is like a preschooler saying they want to be the first man on Mars; it's far too unrealistic of a goal. If you look for the blog Japanese Rule of 7, the author has some really brutal but absolutely true advice about Japanese, which basically says that everyone wanting to learn the language is a fool and is probably going to quit after a year. And 15 years later, I don't disagree. It's important to set attainable goals that you are able to achieve, rather than goals that you could work a lifetime towards and never meet.

That isn't to say don't learn Japanese. What I am saying is you are approaching it the wrong way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.