Let's try this a third time, shall we?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been on SL for years, but have never been able to hold down friendships in-world. I always felt I had to IM people first or spark up a conversation to keep them talking to me. And just recently my feelings were hurt--as silly as it sounds--by a person who I thought really liked me. They won't even IM me at this point even when I try so hard to be friendly to them. I've tried this method of meeting friends before, but it always ended terribly. Yet, I'm out of options and I would like to do things on SL other than shop or take photos. I'm quiet shy and will take time to open up, but once I feel comfortable I am fun to be around. If anyone would like a friendship, I am available. 

• Confused 1

you sound just like me. seems most times i have to initiate conversations and hanging around with people is a rarity. i had my feelings hurt a lot, last time yesterday :-/ i have tried posting here too but without much luck. oh yeah, im shy and quiet too. i think we could get along quite well =)

Been there and done that. Been on here since the beginning during beta in December 02 from Activeworlds.  It was great up until maybe 2010 or 2011 and now I pretty much come on to see recent developments, work with clients and then jump off. Used to be fond of the environment but now days, not so much. Nothing will bring us back to the way things were before the game opened the flood gates and let in all the free users. Now we very much live in a time where its quantity over quality.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I just been back from a 4 years break but only even then I played once this game because I was more interested in another virtual world (IMVU) but since two of my friends from there convinced me to come here, I am back. I am also looking for new friends, I am sometimes shy but I dont take time opening up and consider people a friend. Feel free to add me :D 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2934 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.