Mesh Head Texture tab locked

Guez

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The head is full perm, however when I try to edit it and load my own textures, the texture tab is locked. 

Same thing when I rez on the ground and edit. When I pick the mesh back up, it shows up as no modify, no copy in my inventory. 

I did try using Singularity and the standard SL Viewer. I am on Mac OSX.

Any ideas how to overcome this? 

Screenshot: 

http://i63.tinypic.com/2epkac6.png

most mesh is mod in the meaning you can apply textures, rarely put it on the object with the edit tool directly.

you need the developers kit from the creator.

Be aware you only are allowed to use skin textures you own yourself, or bought legal from creators to use in other products than theirs, just because you own the basic avatar skin doesn't give you permission to use it on mesh parts.

Lot of creators will already have appliers for a head, if its profitable.

another tip.... leave singularity, it's a obsolete viewer and misses newer functions on sl, the performance will get worse / more limited with every weekly update.

Get a newer up to date veiwer from LL website or have a look here http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean by developers kit? 

I own the textures and created them myself, hence why I bought the mesh head full perm so I can texture it and re-sell it. 

I'm just confused as to how I can apply my textures onto the mesh head if you are saying I can't edit it in-world normally. 

I am now on Firestorm, same issue. 

• 3 months later...

For some meshes the creator offers a developers kit, it's a way to allow you to change the features of the mesh without changing the mesh directly. You should be able to use your own textures through the developers kit, but may have to, say, use the kit to input a UUID for your texture and it can relay it to the mesh in order to show up. I'd suggest asking the creator. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.