Settings does not save

Surprised Cerise

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hey there, im using the official second life viewer, but some settings does not save and i have to redo the settings on my next login. for example: minimap -> right click -> stop tracking, and avatar -> show look at, i also can change the size of the adress bar on top and it dosent save the settings, im running the viewer as admin as well. what can i do to the save this settings?

This problem is usually indicative of a viewer crash on exit. Depending on when the viewer crashes you may not be alerted to the crash. But, the crash prevents the viewer from saving the settings.

A work-around is to open the viewer, make settings changes and then close the viewer. By limiting the time the viewer is open you reduce the chances it will crash on exit.

Each viewer crash is reported to Linden Lab. If the viewer crashed on exit, the next time the viewer starts it will notice the crash notice and send all the crash info to the Lab.

So, chances are good the problem will eventually be fixed. 

If it is enough of an annoyance, you can get one of the RC viewers and run that. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

Your problem may be fixed in a newer version of the viewer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.