Media_Plugin_Webkit

MsTheodora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Firstly, I have read all the info on this that I can. Every week I get either the media_plugin_webkit error or when I go inworld Sl is just having an epileptic fit... flashing graphics that is non stop... I often have to reinstall several times before it works again. This is becoming a huge nuisance as it is every few days. I get the same problems whether using the SL viewer or Firestorm.

I have: Clean installed Firestorm

latest version of quicktime

running Firefox

latest Flash Player

Any help most appreciated.

1 answer to this question

Linden Lab changed the way that streamed media are handled with one of the most recent viewer updates.  The CEF (Chromium Embedded Formatting) system promises to be much more reliable than the older method, but it does mean that if you are using Adobe Flash, you'll have to install a specific version, not just "the latest version".

Go to Adobe's download site ( https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ ), indicate what sort of computer/OS you have, and specify FP 20 - for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI

EDIT: This is assuming that you have updated your viewer.  The SL viewer had a mandatory upgrade last weekend.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.