Can Avatar hitboxes be modified?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't want to do it and don't need to know if there is a way to do it or how it's done but can the Avatar Hitbox be changed to be different then what it looks like when you have it turned on?

Reason I ask I was doing some bow fighting and have 150fps and noticed a ton of my arrows go right thru the other persons hitbox. Had no lag, was aimed correctly. Just seamed fishy to me.

Thanks for any help :)

No such luck. It has a fixed width and depth, and its height loosely follows the worn shape, Things like attachments and mesh deformations are ignored.

Also, the actual collision shape used on the server doesn't really look like anything you see in the various viewer displays, it is shaped more like a sarcophagus.

Kurgen Dreadlow wrote:

ah ok so was just one of those weird moments in SL, good deal thanks

Not to beat a dead horse here, but from "one of those weird moments" I'm not sure you understand what Cerise is saying. The simplified shape you see in the viewer is not an accurate representation of an "avatar hitbox" in the physics engine (that is, any "hits" based on collisions or raycasting, at least). It might be useful for something, but it's surely never going to show specifically where projectiles should be expected to hit avatars. (And so it may be one of those weird things about SL, but not so much one of those weird moments.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.