Trust abuse

StevenSergal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

There is some times, i rent a parcel on an island for L$ 500 the week. As i don't wish to be annoyed about it, i pay a full month ( L$ 2000); but one week later by connecting me, i discover that the island is gone

I send messages to the owner (nulmes Gloom) but no answers from him. By speaking with other kicked out renters, i learn that this person doesn't refund and he had problems with this island (loss of money). Clearly, he has rented to me a parcel on a land he was surely wanting to abandon and he hasn't warned me about it; i call it a theft

This person not responding to my messages, i've finally contacted the LL support through the game but no answers too. I would enjoy now to know how to get back the stolen L$ 1500 ?

2 answers to this question

Steven,

Unfortunately when you rent from a private party, you are trusting that they are honorable in their financial dealings and obligations. Clearly they let their island return to Linden Lab which takes a few weeks for them to foreclose on. This means that the previous owner probably knew that this action was about to occur.

These types of issues are classified by Linden Lab as Personal disputes and they won't get involved in them regarding the $Lindens exchanged.

Linden Lab will allow you to recover any rezzed items if you complete a Support Case by restoring the island on a scheduled basis exclusively for this purpose.

I'm so sorry you experienced this.

Always check into the reputation of a land owner before leasing from them and never pay too much ahead unless you have verified this reputation.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3022 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.