Windows 7 64 bit. GTX970. Flickering screen. Drivers are up to date. Any suggestions?

Rosso Crimson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Greetings!

I just downloaded SL after some years and I tried three different viewers (Blackdragon, Firestorm, SL Viewer) but am having the same issues with all three. My screen is flickering black for a frame or so. When viewing the process I can see that it goes unresponsive for that frame. I have two monitors and if I am using the monitor that does not have SL in it I have no visual issues. it is only when I transition to the other monitor or use the mouse on that moniter do I get blinking. 

The blinking happens some of the time when I'm just sitting there or walking around but it happens 100% of the time when I click with my mouse. 

Thanks

Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit 8gb

Intel i5-4670 3.40GHz

NVIDIA GeFOrce GTX 970

2 answers to this question

Lindal's advise is correct partially. That card is designed to allow for the use of up to 4 monitors simultaneously for gaming. BUT, and there is always a BUT, they better all be Digital monitors and not a Digital & Analog mix and match. If they are a Digital & Analog mix and match, make sure that the Digital monitor is your Primary [boot-up] monitor.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.