Fitted or rigged or both?

SinfulSky

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just started making clothes for sl, and I'm noticing other creators sell both fitted and rigged meshes, what's the difference? I've made a fitted one yet (which change with apparence setting) So what's the point to make sizes? 

I also don't get which bones are used and which not in the rigged ones only (sizes) Can someone explain, thank you so much!

Depending on how "well" the garment is crafted a regular standard sizing garment may fit better than fitted mesh on average shaped people anyway (those that sort of conform to standard sizing). What typically happens when fitted mesh goes wrong is that the mesh maker leaves too much "air" between the avatar and the garment so the person wearing looks like they gained 20 pounds. That doesn't go over to well with most folks.

Well done fitted mesh is a joy and I imagine most folks opt for that, but when it doesn't work it is just as bad or worse than the older standard sizing clothes.

I have some fitted mesh that I don't even need an alpha layer for (mesh body so alpha clicks for me). I have some that I toss immediately and look for the standard sizing version which often is better.

It seems like when this occurs that the folks making the mesh may be very good at standard sizing mesh but haven't quite got the fitted part down yet -- hence that 20 pounds of visiual air.

That's something to test for when you work on your clothes. Best if you send your trials to a few friends (or make some different shapes and try yourself). Just because something fits on ONE body -- doesn't mean it will fit on all -- even with fitted mesh.

I would pay special attention to the cuffs on long sleeved garments. That seems to be a place where folks forget to transfer weights carefully (or whatever -- I don't make clothes, just decor and houses. 7 years fashion blogging :D).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.