Lindens Build The Road Already!!!

jrenslow Bach

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been playing second life since the beta days 2003 and still the new players land at a place with no activitys showcasing the amazing rides and games players have made instead they are left to only chat and look at old stuff made by the lindens on the boardwalk.how enticing is that and last but not least finish building the road i live in stanlee and been waiting for ages to see it complete maybe you could have the new players land where they can get on a bus and tour several sims using the completed road system almost inplace

sincerely Founder Jrenslow Bach

Can you post a LM to where the newcomers land I would like to see it. I have no idea where they come in and have not seen it since I was new. I barely remember some rooms, chained together with prompts to cam around. Then a destination guide but in portals. 

EBM5555 wrote:

Can you post a LM to where the newcomers land I would like to see it. I have no idea where they come in and have not seen it since I was new. I barely remember some rooms, chained together with prompts to cam around. Then a destination guide but in portals. 

all this may be (again!) changing soon, but for now the starting points are the Learning Island regions, only new avatars are allowed to go there. this is currently the area with the basic tutorial for walking, jumping etc.

from there, new avatars go to the Social Island regions, you can find them on the world map. these have some spots for people to congregate and chat, little dance clubs, some seating areas, and teleport portals for exploring Second Life. they do not have boardwalks full of old content, having only been built in 2013.

new avatars are no longer given a fixed infohub as a home location, the home button randomly cycles through the infohubs matching their rating prefences until they choose a home and set one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3033 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.