Computer is messed up after Windows 10!

Jackie1957

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Since I installed Windows 10, the names of avatars, instructions and the search text is so small, SL is no fun to play. Plus, I used to use my right and left arrows to correct typing errors and now they pan the screen right to left. My avi is now skinny and taller because of Ctrl+0 trying to correct everything. I uninstalled the Viewer and reinstalled it which made everything worse! Please help me?

1 answer to this question

That sounds like at least two, maybe three problems.

For the text problem, fix it in Windows.  Right click anywhere on your desktop and select Personalize.  You can increase the size at which text is displayed.  Make sure that the screen resolution is set to match your monitor.  If you are using the wrong setting here, it could be creating the "long skinny" avatar problem you describe.

Also, do Windows Update.  You may have to do this several times to make sure you have all the latest updates installed.

And check at the website of whoever makes your graphics card...download and install the latest graphics drivers.

When you've done all that, try logging in to Second Life again.  You can still use your arrow keys to correct typing errors.  Just make sure that your cursor is in the IM or local chat window.  

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3047 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.