Computer clock won't sync properly while on SL

Darla Hadisson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been having problems with my computer clock last weekend and now this weekend.  This problem wasn't prevalent on Sunday through Wednesday or Thursday in the last week.  Could higher than normal traffic in SL be the cause for the lack of synching of my computer clock when on SL?  Or a virus?  Or what could be the reason?

I did purchase my computer in June 2011, so that makes it 4 1/2 years now.  You may be right, it could be the battery inside my tower.  I am going to have to buy a new one pretty soon, though the only problem is, neither Walmart nor Best Buy in my hometown carries such batteries.  I may have to search on eBay.

Apparently, I did speak to my RL roommate, and I did learn from him that he is having the same issues on his Samsung Phone and/or his own computer. He did suggest that it might have been due to a congested modem, so he suggested for me to turn off the power bar for 30 seconds to one minute, and then turn it back on.  After I turned my computer back on, there doesn't seem to be any choppy audio on Second Life - at least for now.

I did, however, notice that the choppy audio on SL on my side, has been prevalent since my Internet status doesn't show any outside WiFi connections, just a LAN connection, nothing more.  Is there any way to regain WiFi signals from other surrounding areas?  I currently have limited access, through a LAN connection.

EDIT: Choppy audio is returning now.  Sounds like I need both LAN and Wireless signals in order for SL to run smoothly.

UPDATE: My RL roommate is having trouble with his SmartPhone as of lately.  I was talking to him on the phone today, and he was having problems with his SmartPhone just now.  I think it's most likely the case that a massive number of people are on the Internet this holiday season, since students are off from school and people are taking time off work, thus causing Internet traffic to rise dramatically.  It may not be the battery after all.

And like I said before, the problem was not prevalent on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and maybe Thursday due to Internet users being at work.  The coming week or two, however, could be a different story.

Who knows? These issues may have been occuring since November 26 (U.S. Thanksgiving Day), though in the early stages at that time.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3044 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.