I have rented a ½ sim, and paid via a pay box in the field. This box has disappeared. I have contact

Cenric101

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

I'm not quite sure what you are most worried about.  If you worry that the rental box has disappeared, that may be what it was scripted to do.  Well, not disappear but move, change size, or retexture itself.  The rent boxes I use can do just that.  After all, once a parcel is rented, the new renter usually doesn't want a large, ugly rental box right in the middle of things.  I script mine to shrink and hid behind a bush.  Maybe your landlord did something similar.

If you are worried about contacting the landlord -- maybe to ask about getting group membership so you can rez things? --- my first advice is to be a little patient.  It is the weekend and we are in a holiday season.  Landlords have families and other RL responsibilities, like you do, so that are not always going to come in world every day -- especially on a weekend.  If yours hasn't responded to an IM or a notecard within a few days, try again.  Remember also that our mailboxes get capped after they have accumulated 25 items.  Any extra ones get thrown out by the servers.  Sending a pile of messages is therefore counterproductive.  In fact, it may block some other renter's messages from getting through to the landlord.  So again, be patient.  If you have not heard from the landlord within a week, start looking for another parcel somewhere else.

BTW,  When you rent land in a private estate, you are always there at the pleasure of the landlord.  You have no guarantee that you can stay there forever.  Most landlords are good people, and we prefer tenants who stay around for a long time. We try to be understanding and responsible, therefore, but we are people and we have our own financial pressures.  This is a long way of saying that you are always taking a risk when you rent on private estates.  You might pay your money and then lose the land the next week if things go sour for your landlord. So, at least until you get to know each other, it's wise to rent for a week or two at a time rather than renting for a month or more.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3049 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.