TMP - TheMeshProject mesh items that fit?

YummyClaw

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I've fairly recently gotten into the TMP body, since it's the best way I've found to make a curvy avatar without having seems all over the body. I've run into one consistent problem with it though... SO MANY items in the marketplace are rigged or fitted mesh items (which can't be adjusted at all) and look great, and claim to support TMP, but then don't... So for example, you'll search "tmp jacket", and then you'll find this really great looking complete outfit, which has a jacket close to what you are looking for. Then... Upon closer investigation, you see that the level of TMP support is pointless. Like "Rigged mesh top in 5 sizes! Rigged mesh pants and belt in 5 sizes! Shoes compatible with Slink feet! And TMP appliers for the socks!". Like, what? Why?

So ok, I'll just try it for the jacket. Maybe that will be good enough. However, I've found that 99.999% of the time something is in "5 standard sizes", it will never work on TMP bodies. From what I read in a review for an item suffering these problems, is that the TMP body skeleton is placed further back than the default skeleton, or something, which means that when you wear the jacket, or any other item meant to fit on the torso region, it will be placed too far forward, so the avatars back and back section of their arms will clip through, even at the largest sizes on an average sized avatar. The only way to get past this is to get an item that you can adjust the position of, but in the case of jackets, or clothing items in general, that can't happen. So with the TMP it seems I'm stuck with just the skin tight appliers I can find.

Another problem being that the TMP website has a section for "Official TMP Developers"... Which means LITERALLY anyone who has ever had any support for TMP on even a single item. Seriously you can click a random developer from the list of hundreds to thousands of names, which aren't even in alphabetical order (They seem to be at first, but just keep scrolling) and you have a good chance of picking someone who has hundreds of items in their catalog, but when you type "TMP" or "TheMeshProject" into the keyword search, you'll only get 1 or 2 things, and those things are usually just underwear, or lingere, that is not designed FOR TMP, but rather with TMP appliers included. Which, that's great, be all inclusive with as many bodies and appliers as you can, but that designer doesn't belong on the list.

I'm sorry... This kinda trailed off into a rant. The point of the whole thing being... Does anyone know of any TMP specialized creators, who make mesh items (Such as jackets, capes, or rigged/fitted clothing items in general) that are specifically designed to fit on TMP bodies? Something that will not clip through the TMP arms and spine, while also maintaining a reasonable size compared to the avatar? I don't even have a specific style in mind at this point. Just ANYONE at all who has TMP compatible mesh items that fit properly, would be HUGELY appreciated.

You're going to have something of a problem finding things that fit the TMP body. It's a little...off. You might try Blueberry and L&B (Lapointe and Bastchild). All I can say is demo, demo, demo.

Many designers don't support the TMP because of their policies, but that's another post.

Good luck.

My advice is find mesh clothing and keep your tmp alpha out when you switch outfits, so you can adjust your body to the clothing. many designers provide a tmp appliers, but it's nice for some items and to be honest unless the pic of the items appears in your style mode it gets lost...but hit me up in world if you need more help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3182 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.