N00b Body

chatsitediva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, when I signed up and replaced my beginning avatar, I was using cheapies and free bodies, experimenting.
I found a face I -really- like and her shape as well but the problem is.....

her stomach. It has a "U" shaped shine to it designed, I guess, to make her look to have a toned belly.

But instead, it just looks crooked and manged when she moves.

It makes all those crop tops and low rise clothes look funky as well.

I was onsidering buying a new body, but I don't want to lose my face and not fit the zillions of clothes I have.

Suggestions? I am new and not comfortable with a lot of technical instructions.

If you are using the default aka legacy body there really isn't much you can do with it.  The problem is the legacy body was designed back in the early days before mesh and that's the way it is.  LL has never updated the basic body so there are some areas that are problematic. However most people in SL know this and overlook it.

You can get rid of the problem by buying a mesh body.  There are mesh heads available, but if you want to keep your face then just buy the body (hands and feet too if the body doesn't come with them).  Mesh body creators have ways of melding the body into your regular head.  Just follow the directions that come with the body.  You can also check to see if the creator of your skin offers mesh body appliers.  If they do, you can buy one in your skin tone and 'put' the skin on your new mesh body for a easy seamless match. 

Not all skin creators make appliers for all the bodies out there, so its a good idea to check which bodies they have appliers for before you make a decision.  Of course you can use a different skin that is available with an applier.   Most mesh bodies come with a skin in a choice of skin tones too.  However, skin and shape work together to create the look of your face.  So you will look a bit different in another skin. 

If you decide to try a mesh body, clothes are a consideration.  Some mesh bodies need clothes that are made just for them, but not all.  System clothes will no longer work,  You'd need to get appliers from the designer for any outfit you have now that you want to still use.  Here again designers don't make appliers for all mesh bodies, so check that out too.  Mesh clothes that you already have may or may not fit the body.  Some mesh bodies required clothes made especially for them, but not all.  I have a mesh body and can still wear the mesh clothes I bought prior to the body.

If you have a mesh body now and have this problem, then the problem lies with the way the body was designed and  made.  If it really bothers you, look for another body that works better for you.

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING about buying mesh bodies is to always try the demo of any body you are considering.  If no demo is offered, don't buy the body or you may not like it and end up wasting your money.

You may also want to check out the blog Mesh Body Addicts for a lot more information as well as reviews of the available bodies and clothes.

Have you tried any different skins? It might just be that the skin you are using has some badly-done shading on the stomach which is giving the effect you describe. Pick up some free skins or demos at a few stores and see if the problem goes away before you buy any mesh stuff.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3154 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.