Physics stop working randomly

Suki Hirano

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Randomly when I log in, avatar physics do not work. Yes I have physics enabled at max, yes physics LOD is set to 1, and yes I have physics layer worn, the same layer I always wear. No it's not because the physics are subtle that I can't detect it, and no it's not a problem with the mesh body because not even the default body bounces.

The only fix is to relog, but it's quite annoying to have to do this on a regular basis. Anyone know why this happens and how to fix it properly?

• 2 years later...
6 hours ago, cath6 said:

anyone found out yet ?

You could try to edit your shape and increase the Breast Buoyancy. That often helps. Also of course, make sure physcis layer actually is set to have some noticeable effect. If you make one from scratch, you will almost certainly have to tweak some of the advanced parameters for that.

Beyond that, the physics layer is handled by your computer, not the server, and some places Second Life can be hard to handle for even the strongest computer. If it's overloaded, the physics layer will be one of the first functions to fail and if that is the reason, the only solution is to find ways to reduce the overall load.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2252 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.