Avatar Assistance For A Noob Plz - hope yu can help :)

LILxMISSxSUNSHINE

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I've recently joined SL and I've  couple of problems with my avatar and hoped somebody could give me some advice -

Firstly, I can wear Alpha's with clothes to stop whats inside popping out but my hands/arms are forever disappearing INTO my outfits when my avatar changes pose. This not only looks awful but also irritates the life out of me as my painted nails or rings or bracelets cant even be seen as my hands have disappeared inside my clothing. Can this be stopped?  (I doubt it but its worth asking I guess)

Secondly, I may be new but I like my clothes and Ive done a lot of shopping and come across the term 'Mesh Avatar' very often and seems they're the bright new thing which people are designing for but I'm finding it very confusing. I do love my current avi(which I bought) but it turns out it's not mesh and I've come to the conclusion I'm really going to have to get a mesh avi yet when I tried shopping for 1 it just led to more confusion as basically whilst looking in the Complete Avatars Section I really found it difficult to understand if the avi was mesh or not, I also came across the term 'hybrid' (mesh head/SL body) which threw me more. If only there was a Mesh sub-section to the Complete Avatar menu lol, anybody like to offer a little advice or point me in the correct direction to a dedicated Mesh Avatar Help page please?

All replies are very gratefully received and I'd like to thank you in advance for your time and trouble xxx

Welcome to SL!

There's no solution to your first problem other than choosing different animations for your Animation Override. The software doesn't track intersections of body parts. One of the issues is that some animations are based on avatars with unrealistically short limbs and skinny bodies, with no care taken for where the limbs end up.

Mesh is a whole can of worms but it can be worth the effort. Effectively you'll be hiding the regular avatar body with more alphas, then putting a new mesh body (or parts of one - mesh feet, hands and boobs are popular) on top. There have been a lot of threads on this recently so I won't repeat the advice that's already been given. Here's a search for MESH on this board, and a link to a review blog. I hope they're useful.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.