Just cannot hide my feet at all

Mitsuko Nakamura

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ahoy,

I haven't been in SL for years, returned couple days ago upon a friend poking me about it, and then once logged in had to reset my avatar etc, chose a newer one (the mesh based), and got all sorts of apparel to fit her too.

So far so good, all works fine (hair, top, bottom, etc.), just however for the life of me I cannot get my feet to hide, either with "generic" alphas from the marketplace or with alphas from the boots itself (using demos for now, don't want to chuck out L$ for something that may not work in the end.)

The character base is "Zoe (Mesh)". During playing / testing around I switched the body here and there, the base shape, the "invisible avatar" etc. but no matter which combination I've tried, using alphas for feet won't do anything.

Does anyone have any further ideas I could try?

Thx

Would that be one of the new mesh starter avis?

I never, ever recommend using the mesh starter avis. They're really not that good, and they're not very customizable. I'm surprised you've found clothes to fit it at all, actually. If it IS the starter avi,  you can't hide the feet. They're there to stay, which is one of many reasons I don't recommend using those. 

Alpha layers only hide the default body, NOT any mesh body. For that, you need an alpha HUD, typically made for and included with your body. The starter mesh avis do no have alpha HUDS. 

(Actually, with a typical mesh body, you would wear shoes made for either the feet that came with the body, or Slink feet if the body is compatible with them)

If you really want a mesh body, check out Mesh Body Addicts. There's no reason you can't use the default body, though. Play around and find what works for you.

(Actually, with a typical mesh body, you would wear shoes made for either the feet that came with the body, or Slink feet if the body is compatible with them)

There is another option. I have  the Maitreya Lara body, recently purchased after swearing for a year i'd never go mesh.  

I have many mesh boot i really love and i didn't want to give them up. 

So what i do is,  I remove my mesh feet, wear the foot shaper that comes with the boots, put the boots on, then use the mesh body alpha hud to hide any part of my calves that show through the boots. They look great .

I also find that i'm happier with many of the mesh dresses I have, since i can hide just the parts of my body that show through the dress instead of having to use the alpha that came with the dress when i used my classic body

:)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.