Business networking group -- any interest?

MichaelBurgundy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'd like to start a networking group for business owners on Second Life. I've facilitated a number of groups myself, and am familiar with real-life groups like Business Networking International. I would like to try a similar model in Second Life.

At BNI meetings, each person brings a particular "need" each week, and we  go around in a circle giving practical advice and resources. There will also be time to practice your "elevator pitch," learn from others, and give short presentations about new products and services. We will also try to be a sales team for each other, and recommend each other to others when possible.

Would anyone be interested in attending once a week? Could be a good way to meet some good people, and learn something in the process. If so (or if not!), could you leave your thoughts in this thread? I'd appreciate any feedback, especially if you've tried something similiar. Thank you!

As far as business meetings go, I think some merchants were scarred by commerce team office hours.

To be lured with concern for the lowly merchant, uplifted by lofty feature chats such as improved search, color choices, integrated demos and miracle delivery services only to be thrown a piece of moldy bread that is a Facebook like button.

And the odor of those meetings. Have you ever smelled a sweatshop?

But we press on, meetingless and unionless.

Unless of course there are free donuts and a revolution to take back our marketplace from our evil overlords.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3119 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.