Rezzing a large building and getting it to sit level

BlackCat63

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

We have a Gothic Abby which when rezzed always needs tweaking to get the level right so the land does not poke through the basement floor. The furniture is part of the build, we have had problems when editing as the furniture stays in place but the actual building moves.  Would laying down a platform help making this easier?

Also, is there a way of fixing the building so it cannot be accidentally deleted ( it wasn't me lol) 

It is the most frustrating thing ever and would really appreciate your help.

Thankies :) 

2 answers to this question

a platform to rezz your building would indeed help. You can terraform later to the desired level, as long it fits in the limits of your landheight. If not, you could look for artificial landscaping using mesh or prims.

After rezzing you can "lock" the building with the build tool. so it won't be possible to move it without double confirmation.

Be carefull.... it doesn't prevent to delete completely, it only adds a second confirmation!

• Like 3

HI,

You did not say how you are doing the rez.  Are you using a collaseced object (bunch of linked prims) or a rezzer package such as GNU Builder's Buddy.  Some of the rezzer backages have terraform features which use LSL to terraform for you.  I have a package myself I have had for years called rez-foo which has this feature built in.

* It is possible you are using your own custom rezzing package.  If so consider looking at the llModifyLand function.

* The terraform features are not always optimal so I like to put a slighty exagerated hieght on my floor prims which allows me leeway in adjusting the sit of the build without the need for a platfrom.  My floors are usually about 3 meters thick.

*GUN Builder's Buddy is free!  and not diffcult to understand.  If you have trouble just IM me in world for help

As for deleting it accidently you can lock it as previously suggested, however, this can be a pain when you want to modify it. A couple of things you can do is after you rez it with your rezzer package is use the opion t to save the position of each prim in the prim's description.  This helps put things back in place in case of an accidental move.

Another thing I like to do after final is kill the scripts in the rezzer, turn it invisible and leave it in place.  It is only 1 prim and in case something is accidently removed then turn the scripts back on and re-rez it. (if you mod anything remember to replace them in the rezzer).  I call this the cornerstone technique.

Hope this helps

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3137 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.