New to SL: Can't change clothes

Urfcake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a laptop today so I could hang out with some friends on SL. Everything seems to be working okay except that I can't chane clothes. The only thing I was able to change was a hat. I could wear a "Gamer hat" and that was it. When I tried to change a shirt and clicked on a new one, nothing happened, even when I saved it. I tried reloading SL and it still won't let me change clothes. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me out with this, as I don't want my purchase of the latop to be for naught.

I finally found out how to change clothes but now it keeps changing my gender every time I try to edit my avatar's body type. If I change the height, it changes my gender to female. Same with other options, just changes me to female. I totally wasted my money getting a laptop to play this. Meh.

Urfcake wrote: [...] I totally wasted my money getting a laptop to play this [...]

Not necessarily. After all, after less than two hours you were able to find out how to change clothes, so it stands to reason you may keep finding out how to do things –SL is a somewhat complex platform, just give it time.

It may have indeed been too hasty to buy a computer just to play a complex game you didn’t know much about, but it’d be just as hasty to give up after so short a time. Go to some of these places and, when you see someone willing to guide you, ask him or her for guidance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3150 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.