I stopped having any marketplace sales after the VMM migration?

BrayaMerylle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not sure what board this needs to be on, so I put it under "Everything Else." 

I haven't had much going on with sales on marketplace since the VMM migration. I mean, I never really made a TON of sales (one every couple of days, maybe)...but it was a full-stop for a while before I've finally started getting a few tiny sales here and there. This has almost shut my inworld store down, because I was depending on those sales to keep my tiny little business open since I actually don't have any RL money to put into SL at this time. I'm not in it for a profit, but I DO want to keep the doors open. 

When everything was migrated, did something happen to the search rankings of products or something? Because I can't explain why my sales would just stop RIGHT when I was migrated in any other way. I mean, it's completely possible that suddenly NO ONE wants what I've made (it's not high-end designer stuff) or my pricing is bad, but...it was very suspicious timing, and things that were my bestsellers in June stopped selling completely. 

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, I'm interested to know how this is impacting other very small businesses, because it feels to me like unless someone is going to search for my store by name, no one is going to find my stuff ever again. And it doesn't seem like a situation like this would encourage small business in the SL economy at all. I ALREADY went through the process of trying to make a tiny little name for my products and it ALREADY took a long time for them to work their way up to where people would find them when they searched. And here I am back at square one. I don't want to sound like I'm whining...I'm genuinely interested in knowing what might be going on here so I can maybe try to compensate for it. 

1 answer to this question

Answers probably isn't the best place to ask.  You'll get a better cross-section of merchants -- the only ones who can tell you what their experience has been -- if you ask in the Merchants forum.  FWIW, I have not seen any change in my own MP sales since the change to VMM.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.