I'm unable to successfully link to/view any profiles, including my own, while inworld. Help!

Qbank

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I recently purchased a new laptop with increased graphics capability and now I'm unable to link to profiles, including my own, while inworld. The issue also includes linking to photos. Is there a setting I can change that will allow me to do this?

3 answers to this question

ok the same thing happened to me at first when i upgraded my own person computer---

What you will need to do is this -- (or try it)

►refetch your inventory (since its new for you - a fresh/clean install)---- let it FULLY repopulate/refetch (go to a quiet place to do that with little to no scripts)

►then relog

►refetch your inventory again....

Also check here in case SL is doing maintaince http://status.secondlifegrid.net/  in that case, it will be a LL issue..NOT you....

If this doesnt work --- then try Clearing your cache--- both viewer and computer cache....

You will need to AGAIN repeat what i mentioned above.....

►refetch your inventory (since its new for you - a fresh/clean install)---- let it FULLY repopulate/refetch (go to a quiet place to do that with little to no scripts)

►then relog

►refetch your inventory again....

♫ if this doesnt help you- try a  new viewer

I hope that helps you...

• Like 1

a one time clear cach and refetch is all whats needed. Whats described above is happening when a rebuild of the cache fails or isn't complete.

clear cache, relog in a empty sim and stay there for a long time till the inventory is loaded again. This can take up to more than a half hour...or hour if it's a lot of items.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3164 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.