why doesn't replying to a message generate a quote of the message being replied to?

Whispering Hush

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Re: why doesn't replying to a message generate a quote of the message being replied to? [ Edited ]

03-17-2011 03:16 AM - last edited on 03-17-2011 03:17 AM

In your reply you can use the "Quote" button, and you can see below the mesage you are replying. I think it is no neccesary show the quote by default.

there is no quote button.

This forum is unlike any I have ever posted to.  There is no quoting mechanism, there is an insulting scheme for spam prevention that is being abused by puritan moderators with liitle or no idea of what accurrs in a healthy debate, and there is well spam!

Oh and there's this strange idea that the users are going to jump through hoops and install third party scripts in an effort to "customise" the software.

Oh there's an effort to screen html for injection code which actually warns the poster.  Helloo, please let the hacker know in big bold letters what will not work so that the hacking can be automated.  Imbeciles.

I honestly thought that the old forum software was the worst that could possibly be brought to bear, I realize now that I was wrong.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4790 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.