huds freezing

InnaPikkal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

The last two days I have logged into SL to find that my AO on-screen HUD is frozen. My AO shows that it is on, but it is not affecting my avi. I can't activate, or deactivate any of the buttons on it, either. I can only wear it and detach it. I have two, and they both act the same. Also, my Maitreya HUD will not open, so I can't access the alphas or anything else in it. The third thing that may be related, is that I can not save an outfit successfully. I go through the process, naming it and saving it, but when I go to open it, it says there are no items in the outfit. Nothing! At first I thought it was a bug in the Firestorm v 4.7.1. viewer which I recently downloaded, but when I logged on with my old SL viewer, the problems I mentioned were still present. I would really appreciate your thoughts!

2 answers to this question

Most well-written HUDs operate even in parcels where scripts are turned off.  Some older HUDs, and any that are less well-written might simply fail to run.  If you haven't tried it yet, try logging in to a region where you know that scripts are enabled for everyone. Smith is a nice quiet region.  So is Furball.  If your HUDs work there, you'll know what the problem was.  If not, I am momentarily at a loss for an explanation.

I don't think that the wierd behavior of your outfits has anything to do with your HUDs, but I can't suggest an answer for you either, I'm afraid.

Ihave had this solution with my HUDS too as of late--- including Aos --- including HUDS/Ao.....scripts I HAND wrote and made.....

try this---

1. try detaching and reattaching your aos/huds

2. if this doesnt work attach your huds/aos......then in your WORN tab in your inventory--- right click on the hud>>>edit menu>>>then CONTENT tab.... click REFRESH and let it do its THANGGG...

3. Repeat number 2 if it doesnt work but INSTEAD of CONTENTS TAB...click REFRESH.....  >>>>CONTENTS TAB reset scripts....then let it do its THANG.....

4. As rollig said make sure u are in a SCRIPT enable sim--- u can go to my sim called NIGHTFIRE ISLAND  but pick coordinates 10,10,21....to see if that works....its quiet there in that spot....

5. Checking th grid status usually helps me when SL decidesto be MEAN http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ (as of this reply to you) 

AND it has NOT been UPDATED to see if it was RESOLVED

6. Relogging Helps as well----

7. You might have too many scripted objects....hair, jewelry, clothes, huds, Ao....things like that interfeering with all you are going through..

I hope that helps and goodluck to you,

LishaJoya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3174 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.