Teleport spam since May, Will anything be done?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So since 2015/06/10, I have been getting teleport spam to <Cannot name and shame, but they spam with teleports, hint hint>(Of course I am banned there now because I have asked to be removed from the spam list :smileyvery-happy:. Unfortunately I still recieve the spam) from bots of all sorts of names, I have reported them each time I have recieved a teleport invite, but LL has yet to do anything about it.

Upon further investigation, they keep their place filled with idle bots to boost traffic. Now correct me if I am wrong, but all four of these are against the terms of service, yes?

1. Army of alts (Theres literally dozens, DOZENS! Non-jokingly, judging by how they follow a "#of#.resident" scheme for some alts, theres over about 200)
  2. Spamming/disturbing the peace
  3. Bypassing mute
  4. Traffic gaming

Will LL ever investigate this? I think they need to get volunteer grid moderators if they are overloaded with ARs.

Sorry if this seems like I don't think LL is doing anything, I just needed to vent because It's getting really on my nerves. LL are good people, just maybe not the fastest people. :<

Also for those who wonder what those spinny bots do that are not listed as a scripted agent, This might just be the anwser. They harvests usernames of active users.

Chaser Zaks wrote:

Now correct me if I am wrong, but all four of these are against the terms of service, yes?
  1. Army of alts (Theres literally dozens, DOZENS! Non-jokingly, judging by how they follow a "#of#.resident" scheme for some alts, theres over about 200)
  2. Spamming/disturbing the peace
  3. Bypassing mute
  4. Traffic gaming

1. Maybe
  2. Yes
  3. Probably
  4. Yes

The "maybe" is because I don't think LL can do anything about genuine people parking an alt or two in a specific location. Bots on the other hand, is not allowed. Unregistered bots that is. Accounts that are registered as bots, "scripted agents", are allowed but they're not included in the traffic count.

Chaser Zaks wrote:

Will LL ever investigate this?

Unlikely. LL tends to keep a hands-off policy in Second Life. They do occasionally react though.

Chaser Zaks wrote:

Also for those who wonder what those spinny bots do that are not listed as a scripted agent, This might just be the anwser. They harvests usernames of active users.

Oh no, the spinning ones are copybot bots. Name harvesting bots just walk straight. ;)

That's the theory anyway. A bot doesn't need to rotate to collect the avatar names in the vicinity but it needs to do ti to cache as much of the surroundings as possible.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3187 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.