Crouch Problem

sonicavenger1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

For the past few days, I've been unable to use my C key to fly down or crouch. It works fine in chat, but it does nothing otherwise. I'm really confused because Page Down still works just fine but I hate using it. Can anyone help me out? I've tried a whole bunch of things and had no success.

EDIT: Yes, the WASD keys still move me. Everything works fine except C - it doesn't work for anything except chat. Doesn't activate weapons/crouch/fly down.

EDIT EDIT: Was a prone gesture on my rifle. Thank you so much!

4 answers to this question

sonicavenger1 wrote:

[ .... ]

EDIT: Yes, the WASD keys still move me. Everything works fine except C - it doesn't work for anything except chat. Doesn't activate weapons/crouch/fly down.

Hmmm.. That's very odd.  Do you have any of your keyboard keys remapped for other purposes?  Are there any active gestures that use the C key perhaps?  If so, they will interfere with the WASD defaults.

sounds like your keyboard is dirty/oily and needs to be cleaned and something is obstructing your keys from fully being able to full be pressed down

OR---- something is wrong withthe "c" button itself -the rubber padding might be off or worn down or has shifted

Or if you have a wireless keyboard your batteries are getting low---if that is the case then replace the batteries and reset BOTH the mouse AND keyboard with the reset button and let them "resync"

=====TO CLEAN   (option 1)====

1. unplug your keyboard from the computer
  2. use and air can that you would use to clean your computer and spray the keyboard's keys
  3. replug your key board back in your computer
  4. if that doesnt work restart your computer or refresh the desktop with your mouse and wait a few moments

=====TO CLEAN   (option 2)====

1. unplug your keyboard from the computer
  2. use my recipe for cleaning all electronics (50% rubbing alchol and 50 nail polish remover) -- so if you use 4 table spoons of rubbing alchol then u will use 4 table spoons of nail polish remover 
  3. BE CAREFUL  to not wear off the letters/number.symbols off your keyboard from the solution and BE in AFULLY ventialted place
  4. Clean the keyboard with a non static brush (the one with the silver handle) / a good anti static rag (i use the yellow shop towels)....try not to get the inside too wet or it will take longer to dry
  5. Let Dry FULLY....YES FULLY or you CANT do step number 6 (which is the next step) and you will risk frying your keyboard and or the computer as well....
  6. replug your key board back in your computer
  7. if that doesnt work restart your computer or refresh the desktop with your mouse and wait a few moments

*** Another thing you might want to consider is thatyour key board might need to be replaced***

I  hope that helps and good luck to you

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3160 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.