Media plugin crashing second life within seconds of logging in. HEEEEELPP?

calleo1990

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Im at my wits end with my computer about. ok, I have been using singularity on my computer for a while. the computer was my moms before she got a new one so its mine. I ran singularity viewer when it was hers with no trouble. I formatted it and installed all the drivers and stuff and downloaded the viewer. When i open the program it says that a media plugin webkit has failed. I login and everything seems to be going in fast foward. My AO moves through all the animations in a matter of less than two seconds. everything around my avitar is doing the same thing. trees vibrate cuz they are programmed to sway in the "breeze". I posted a question on this a week ago and someone said i needed a new video card. so i got a new one. a NVIDIA geforece 730 GT mini. I looked online and its a good video card. on the high end chart on this benchmark website. I downloaded the updates for the card and singularity worked fine last night for a while. When i get on at noon slt, it does all this. I reinstalled it, didnt work, i even used revo uninstaller which makes sure and wipes your hard drive of ANY files even registry ones that have to do with the viewer. Like i said it does that fast moving thing and within maybe 5 seconds it crashes. I have no idea what could be causing this. The same thing happens with Firestorm also. Please help. Ive also tried installing older versions

3 answers to this question

Could you please Edit your question and supply the make and model of your hand me down PC and its OS?

I can imagine 100's of issues with a Hand me Down PC that could cause it to be less than stable platform for SecondLife. Can you supply the exact error messages you are getting when crashing?

That Graphics Card is an Entry Level device that should be able to display SL on the lowest Graphics settings. The higher end graphics features of SL will be beyond its capabilities.

Capture-GT 730.PNG

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

i looked on that website. Im assuming you are talking about the info in the help tab of my viewer? here it is

Singularity Viewer 1.8.6 (6157) Feb 26 2015 23:47:22 (Singularity)

Release Notes

Grid: Second Life

Built with MSVC version 1600

CPU: AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (2500.22 MHz)

Memory: 8185 MB

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

Graphics Card: GeForce GT 730/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 10.18.0013.5330

OpenGL Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 353.30

RLV Version: RLV v2.8.0 / RLVa v1.4.10a

Viewer SSE Version: SSE2

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/1.0.0g zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1

J2C Decoder Version: OpenJPEG: 1.5.2

Audio Driver Version: (none)

Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3241 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.